There’s nothing more frustrating that not being able to get online and seeing the dreaded ‘wheel of doom’ spinning round on your screen! Here are a few top tips to try and restore your confidence – and avoid you wanting to throw your router out of the window.
Check your credentials
- It’s extremely easy to mistype a password.
- Remember some letters are case sensitive.
- Check ‘Caps Lock’ isn’t on.
- If your device is enabled with WPS, try this to connect without the need for a password (press the WPS button on the back of the router and then on the device and they'll look for each other).
- Forget the network on your device and reconnect.
Make sure you’re within range
- Wi-Fi coverage may vary for a lot of different reasons – from how strong a signal the router is emitting, to the thickness of your home’s walls.
- Move closer to the router and make sure its antennae are up and unobstructed.
Check your router is online
- Check the power light is on.
- Turn it off, leave for a couple of minutes and turn back on.
Reboot your device
- Turn it off or choose ‘restart’.
- Give it a minute to complete the operation.
- Try connecting to the Wi-Fi again.
Check again using an ethernet connection. It could be interference in the wi-fi signal which an ethernet cable wouldn't suffer from.
If none of the above resolve the issue, contact our dedicated customer service team on Tel: 0330 088 8383 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To go back to the Help Center click Here