To check the exact speed you’re getting, visit: https://www.speedtest.net. You can do this in a web browser or download the app for Android and iPhone; and it’ll tell you in just a couple of minutes how quick your connection is. If you use a device connected via Wi-Fi to run the test, you must ensure you stand close to your router and remember that a wi-fi test would generally be slower than a wired/ethernet test.
Once you’ve done this, you can then consider the following options:
- Find the best position for your router – place it somewhere central for best coverage
- Try not to turn your router off, unless we ask you to – this can lead to the connection becoming ‘unstable’
- Consider a wired connection – more reliable and achieves faster speeds than Wi-Fi
- Change the channel – multiple devices transmitting on the same channel can cause interference and reduce the experience
- Make sure your devices have the latest updates – this could make a real difference to network speeds
- Get a Wi-Fi boost – re-broadcast your existing connection for a stronger signal
- Security – if you haven’t set a password, others can log onto your network, reducing speeds.
If none of the above resolve the issue, then contact our dedicated customer service team on Tel: 0330 088 8383 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To go back to the Help Center click Here